Beyond the Veil

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Beyond the Veil

This is a forum for players of Beyond the Veil LARP in NE Pennsylvania.

Next Event: Aug 22-24 @ Olivet Blue Mountain Camp, Hamgurg PA

3 posters

Lore Source Questions

WhyNot?

Lore Source Questions Empty Lore Source Questions

Post by WhyNot? Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:07 pm

With Lore, is there a master list of things I can take, or is it a free-form, general thing?
    Secondly, if it is general, will the lore matter in game? (IE: I have Lore: Building Structure, is this building safe and stable?)

Thanks!
    Veil Staff 1

Lore Source Questions Empty Re: Lore Source Questions

Post by Veil Staff 1 Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:34 pm

It is a pretty general thing. There is certain Lore in game that will be "unlocked" in game, others can be purchased from the start. the main purpose of Lore is to give a player a small advantage in very specific and specialized circumstances.

Think of Lore more like history and less like information. There will never be a Lore: Building Structure as that is information not history. There may be Lore: Ruins of (Insert Lost Race here). It has some but very little in game value, until the specific circumstance arises. Some Lore is also used to unlock advanced skill lists for different classes.
    WhyNot?

Post by WhyNot? Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:25 pm

Alright, thanks. So is there a list we can pick from at the beginning, or can it not be taken until it is unlocked? Does it unlock for everyone, or can only the ones who found it learn it?
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:22 am

You can choose any lore you want. Some request will require it to be unlocked. For example if you want to take Lore: Origins of the Fae...that will need to be unlocked. That's not a common history to know. If you take Lore: Fae, we'll give you a General Fae Write up. So it kind of depends.

Lore in game, is learned only by the people who want to learn the lore. There is a difference between having the Skill Lore: and having knowledge of something. I know a little about a lot of the Presidents. My i would never consider myself to have Lore: US Presidents. Additionally, at times throughout the game only players with certain Lore skills will get to/have to/discover/etc... something that requires that specific skill to do.

You can choose any lore you see of others lists, or pick a lore that your character would know. More often than not we'll work it in to the game somewhere.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:57 pm