Beyond the Veil

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Beyond the Veil

This is a forum for players of Beyond the Veil LARP in NE Pennsylvania.

Next Event: Aug 22-24 @ Olivet Blue Mountain Camp, Hamgurg PA

2 posters

From the Journal of Xavier Stuart....

Xavier Stuart

From the Journal of Xavier Stuart.... Empty From the Journal of Xavier Stuart....

Post by Xavier Stuart Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:07 pm

*writing as he sits in a lone table, away from most of the commotion........*

I am finally able to put words to paper as i settle down in this new world that the Fates have brought me to. While i miss my former home in the Padashar Mountains and the comforts of my quarters in Blackrock Abbey, i am truly fascinated with this new world. The world where i came from had mostly Humans, (though there were also the Fay, but i know little about them sadly) different kingdoms of course, but one race and this new world seems to have multiple new ones.

There are the green skinned humanoids known ad Hobgoblins, (Granted i have only met just Flannigan Hobs) There are dwarves, Elves, (Tybalt is an interesting person, more on him later) And living fauna humanoids (i hope that is the right term, Brother Reginald was the one to talk to about plants, how he would have LOVED this!), who are fascinating and rather friendly. One in particular who is named Etheldria. From what i hear she is a Dryad Druid. I also gather her to be possibly another one of the scholarly ways, (i must discuss this with her when we next meet.) as i saw her reading, but didn't want to disturb her as she said she was researching something. (This i fully understand!) There are also Trees that talk called Ents. Again, fascinating beings! Then there was a humanoid Rat. I think his proper title is a Slipid. The one i talked to and even shared a bit of adventure with shortly after i met him is called Skur. An Elementalist. Good fellow he is.

While this world has interesting being here, it is good that other Humans did indeed survive the Dragon horde that rained fire from the skies and laid waste to our world. I used my tarot card to try to divine their futures, most just were trying to find their purpose in this new world, but the one that interested me the most was Tybalt's reading. The elf i mentioned earlier. He seems to be of some royal blood where he came from and while not snobbish per se, he is a bit of a womanizer as he was constantly trying for the affections of a Plague elves who i think was trying some kind of ...botany? (Again, this was Brother Reginald's field of study) Well, she was rather perturbed over being disturbed by Tybalt's advancements. Tybalt seems to have a grand ambitions, though i am not sure what, but maybe this is just the intuition of an old man, but i hope it's none too foreboding. Definitely one to keep an eye on.

There are interesting creatures in this world. Amphibious creatures who inhabit the lake near the tavern. Apparently some of the townsfolk encounter them when they try to get something called "moon berries". Apparently they have some type of healing properties. There are also some "gillie" creatures located in the swamplands, as well as some wildlife. At night it appears that some spirit like creatures appear. Best to be avoided apparently.

Sadly, this world seems to be afflicted with something called the corruption and it is a blight upon the land. Well, in my first adventure with the town's folk (dubbed Hammerdale i think Master Hobs said) Apparently there are magical stones that have been corrupted and needed to be purified. One was already done as this was the second one that was found to need purification. But first we had to go to a cave where there was a puzzle involving water, some very strange (ancient?) writing and a barrier. Beyond the barrier were 3 fountains that Skur said had the beginnings of corruption. Well, after what i consider a near civil conflict between Master Hobs and a Plague Elf (sadly his name eludes me at the moment) and other towns folk, it was decided to try the water puzzle.

After mixing them to make the different colors of the rainbow The barrier shimmered, but would only let those of magical talents through (myself included). Next we tried to purify the fountains. When we were unsuccessful a creature emerged and was eventually defeated. Unfortunately this repeated many times, but in the end using my tarot magic, Skur's elemental magic and one other (a demonoligist's i think) the fountains glowed, but it was during the attempts that it was not water, but pure essence of the flow. Apparently we merged the flow into one and had to purify the rock as Skur had explained that it could not have been purified because it was out of phase with out planar existence. Well, the merging of the flow fountains cause the stone to come into phase. Well, other members of the townsfolk led by that same plague elf who had the confrontation with Flannigan. Outside of dealing with a similar creature akin to the one encountered at the fountain, the stone was purified

I do not know what is next for me in my journeys in this new world, but it feels like when i was young and ventured into the world for the first time. Back then it was about exploration, now it's about survival. As true to my order, The Shining Silver Eye of Ekkron, Seekers of the One True Vision, and being its sole survivor, i feel that it is my duty to keep this journal of events so one day future generations will read about our exploits, just as i will one day dedicate some time to tell about the order, but that is for another day......

Xavier Stuart, Fate Seer
    Etheldria
    Etheldria

From the Journal of Xavier Stuart.... Empty Re: From the Journal of Xavier Stuart....

Post by Etheldria Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:41 pm

I'm not a druid. Thank you very much.
    Xavier Stuart

From the Journal of Xavier Stuart.... Empty Re: From the Journal of Xavier Stuart....

Post by Xavier Stuart Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:13 pm

*looks up at Etheldria and blushes as he realizes his error*

"Oh i must apologize, i guess i made a very bad assumption. Please forgive me my lady."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:46 am