Beyond the Veil

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Beyond the Veil

This is a forum for players of Beyond the Veil LARP in NE Pennsylvania.

Next Event: Aug 22-24 @ Olivet Blue Mountain Camp, Hamgurg PA

3 posters

A Position that needs to be filled

Travis Blackthorne

A Position that needs to be filled Empty A Position that needs to be filled

Post by Travis Blackthorne Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:53 am

So It appears as if our new tax collector has gone to one of the human encampments and has not returned in a month or two. I say we are now in need of a new one, if he can't be Reliable enough to come to town proper once a month to collect then i say he needs a new job. I know that Tax Collecting has gotten a bad reputation but its a position the we need to be filled. There are many things that happen behind the scene that rely on the taxes. What we build for the town, the food we get,  even the merchants that are attracted to a wealthy town, all rely on the taxes. There are many Dwarves, Elves, Hobgoblins, Humans, Satyrs, Slipids out there that rely on the taxes for homes, jobs, and food. So i think it would be wonderful if we could set a good example  for all the races around our town.

Lord Travis Blackthorne

If you need more incentive, you like nice things, well we have a tradesman teaching some of the people in the encampments new skills, so they may be able to make some nice things to be purchased for our town.You like to Eat, there are new farms, and soon to be farmers who will grow us food that we can eat. Soon there will be New fighters/Guardsmen for the town, so there are less likely to be random attacks at 4am when everyone is just about asleep.
    Lady Darla Blackthorne
    Lady Darla Blackthorne

A Position that needs to be filled Empty Re: A Position that needs to be filled

Post by Lady Darla Blackthorne Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:49 am

Thank you for bringing this up Cuz. He has indeed wandered off. As we all know, there needs to be a balance of duty's. I am hoping a person shall step up posthaste and take Barron Izenfausts place. I am currently interviewing folks for the position. The Magistrate and I are looking for someone who can count, is not afraid to speak to strangers, can maintain an accounting of whom the taxes were collected from, and lastly, likes to come to town on a fairly regular basis. We truly do need a collector of taxes, and soon, or there will be no money for food, trade, or other necessity's.
    Travis Blackthorne

Post by Travis Blackthorne Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:16 am

I Can even make a list of people who are regularly around town to aid in the tax collecting
    Lady Darla Blackthorne
    Lady Darla Blackthorne

Post by Lady Darla Blackthorne Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:20 am

Mmmm, that's not a bad idea. Please do so.
    TheCaptain

Post by TheCaptain Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:25 pm

Aye mate, why not just pick a time and person that people can drop their taxes off to, rather than someone wandering about trying to figure out who has paid and who asn't.
    Lady Darla Blackthorne
    Lady Darla Blackthorne

Post by Lady Darla Blackthorne Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:36 pm

Excellent idea.... Only... I fear no one would show up to pay the poor man. Folks are not fond of separating them self from their coin you see.
    TheCaptain

Post by TheCaptain Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:38 pm

Well, that's why you get yourself a tax collector to collect on time, then you get a leg breaker to grab those who didn't! Sorry love, I've been drinking ale all day, I only do fine on rum.
    Travis Blackthorne

Post by Travis Blackthorne Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:02 pm

That's not a bad idea Captain, we could have the tax collector primarily collect on the night we have our monthly vision, people who wander into town after that can then pay when they arrive. or Leave the money with lady Darla, who will most likely be in the Tavern.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:49 am